Monday, August 1, 2016

Weekend of No Dog Show for me. Actually did something different.


This is my set up at Waupaca County Fairgrounds in Weyawega, WI overt the last weekend. I was there for the WIT Wisconsin Rally, Winnebago International Travelers group. This organization is a membership group for owners of Winnebago RV's.  Since I own Mom, a Winnebago Access, I joined.
It was a fun and tiring weekend. Rosie sat this one out since I did not know how much time I would be away from Mom. My friend Dianne came with me. Per our usual craziness, Dianne and I had a crazy fun time. 

We went shopping on our way to the rally at the Country Garden Barn outside of Waupaca. It is great unique shopping experience. I got some looks pulling Mom in their little parking lot, but it worked. We then went to the rally location, checked in and settled in for the night. We looked through the schedule and welcome packet. People who we met when we checked in were all so very friendly.

I went to the opening on Friday and met some great people. Dianne and I listened to the SkyMed presentation and then had lunch. There were many activities to go that afternoon. We stuck around and talked with people and got ready for the Pig Roast that evening. The roast was great and we had a nice time with everyone, we dressed up in our Hawaiian clothes for the theme of the party. The K9 Unit from Waupaca County came and gave us a wonderful presentation. Awesome dog and handler. After that we had ice cream and the Fire Department talked about fire safety in our RV's. So then it was off to bed. 

The next day was a potluck breakfast which was very delicious. We then again could chose to go on some tours, but we stayed behind because we had the Wine and Canvas at noon. So here are our masterpieces in Mom. Mine is on the right and Dianne's on the left. I think we did very well.

So that night we had a catered dinner and some entertainment. The silent auction was chosen and so was the winner of the Quilt Raffle, it wasn't me. Congrats to all the winners. I did receive a very beautiful handmade cutting board from the door prizes. Very beautiful. So it was a great but tiring weekend. My next trip is a dog show with Rosie and Dianne. So it will be fun. So look for more on that later in August. 

Oh and is by chance you thought we would be without dog love all weekend, not to worry many of the WISWIT members in attendance brought their dogs with them. I even clarified several owners dog breeds in their dogs. It was fun and great to talk about dogs and of course lhasa apsos.

Toodles for now - Jan and Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment