Monday, December 14, 2015

This is Rosie as a show dog. Pretty isn't she? Rosie is 10" tall and very petite but stocky built. She finished with 16 points one to spare. You only need 15 with 2 majors. Anyway....
Rosie is 7 years old not six as I reported earlier. I never remember how old my lhasas are.  Oh and the photo above was taken by my friend Deb who shows dalmatians, springers and clumber. She is a great photographer and took this at a dog show while we were waiting to go in the ring.

It is a boring, dark, overcast day here today. I am procrasting about shopping for groceries so I can baked dog treats and people treats. I have no motivation. Most of my dog pals are all returning home from Florida where the Eukanuba/AKC National Championship Dog Show finished last night. Rumor the German Shepherd won Best in Show, the Best Bred By Exhibitor in Show was German Shorthair Pointer. Beautiful dogs and congrats to all the winners. The lhasa apso won the Bred By Exhibitor Non Sporting Group, Cyrus, led by Tia. Very beautiful black and white parti color boy.

Last year we went. Karen, Des, Secret and I. We had the number 4 ranked Owner Handled Lhasa in the National Owner Handler Series. If you go to the AKC website akc.org and to the Breed section, select Lhasa Apso, Secret is the black lhasa who represents the breed on the website. Cool isn't it?
Any way, Karen showed Secret and won the breed in the NOHS. She showed well.
This is a photo of Secret. She is a pistol. She likes to be shown by Karen and not me. Right now we are waiting for her to be bred. Hope to have a litter soon from her Fingers crossed.
So I have written enough stuff today. I should have warned you that I ramble, but that is what blogs are for. I will share the dog biscuit recipe soon (when I find it). Have a great day - week - holiday.
Toodles




No comments:

Post a Comment